We take the time to do Britain justice…. from Stonehenge to the ‘Bravehearts’ of Scotland and Tintern’s romantic Abbey. Discover the Kingmakers of Warwick and learn of Australia’s own heritage in Captain Cook’s Whitby. Soak up the history of Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon and indulge in traditional British fare. As a finale, be treated like royalty with an overnight stay in magnificent Leeds Castle!
See the extraordinary Edinburgh Military Tattoo on our August departure. Ask us for details.
- Stay 3 nights in historic Bath and visit the remarkable stone megaliths of Stonehenge
- Explore the ruins of Glastonbury and Bath’s Roman Baths and Pump room
- Take in the majestic Clifton Suspension Bridge above the River Avon
- Spend a day touring the stunning Lake District and cruise on Lake Windermere
- Sample a ‘wee tipple’ at The Scotch Whisky Experience
- Cross the drawbridge to visit Edinburgh Castle
- Indulge in a decadent afternoon tea at Betty’s Tea Rooms in Harrogate
- Board a heritage train and ride to Whitby
- Stay 3 nights in Shakespeare’s Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Discover Oxford on a guided walking tour
- Spend an afternoon exploring the villages of the Cotswolds
- Enjoy your final night with an exclusive stay in Leeds Castle
- Experience a grand farewell Dinner in Lady Baillie’s Dining Room
Think of Twiggy in her mini
40 to 50 years ago, when super-model Twiggy was driving her sparkling mini along Britain’s newly laid motorway systems, it was quite possible to zip around the country in no time at all. In that long-ago era British coach touring itinerary styles evolved and even then, they were at a mad pace, littered with one night stops. Half a century later this same senseless touring style is still promoted everywhere yet these motorways are now so clogged they are more like car parks! Despite incredible congestion combined with massively increased tourist numbers, those itineraries have not changed. Due to these new time constraints, they have no time to explore the gardens of a stately home or grab a leisurely drink in a delightful country pub! Astonishingly, incredible sites and landmarks are actually disappearing from itineraries or becoming snappy photo stops. One example is Warwick Castle.
A fantastic, amazing visit for which you need to set aside about 3 hours to really enjoy. Yet virtually all ‘those’ itineraries find this inconvenient so they have dropped it! Ridiculous! We will not do that. I am so proud of our Best of British tour. With 2 and 3 night stays throughout and our unique style of touring we have time to do Britain justice. Just look at the pace of our tour and the incredible list of unique excursions and events we are able to include. Isn’t this why you are visiting Great Britain?